Wednesday 15 February 2012

I Just Can't Seem To Find Somebody to Love...




Yes, I'm talking about love the day after Valentine's Day. I'm just mobbin' like that.
  Today at Student's Christian Association (S.C.A. which is pretty fun besides the song singing and stuffy hall and the self-righteousness condescending feeling some girls get when we're there) we were discussing love, our speaker was a nineteen year old girl Sydney or something and her boyfriend for a thirteen months Marcel. They'd both come from really bad relationships and had a whole lot of baggage and after three years of knowing each other they began dating. It wasn't even a big thing, to this day he still hadn't asked her out. (Which totally doesn't fly with me, I need an exact time and day for when the relationship began. I'm obsessive like that.)
  And all this talk about relationships and feelings and the difference between infatuation and love got me thinking. Like, some deep ongoings in the ol' cranium.
  Love.
  It's supposed to be this big thing. As in the aurora of an epiphany or something. It's supposed to fill you up with joy and butterflies. It's probably the reason cannibalism isn't as hot as skinny jeans. "Love" is, however, something my generation treat like a candle in the wind. As a conversation filler as opposed to... what love really is. Not that I've ever felt true love, in a romantic sense. I don't think it's because I'm young, a key factor totally. I think you can be young and fall in love. You'd be a dumb shit, but not impossible.
  Wow, check me out sounding all serious.
  It's just that how do you know when you've found love? And if love is supposed to be everything there is to life why is it so hard? Why is it so complicated? Why does the course of true love not get fucking paved over?
  All I know is that love is weird. I don't think it's magical (it may feel magical but feelings only last so long) and I do think that if you're gonna say "I love you" to your significant other then you best be prepared to put a ring on it. Because that's love. However, put a ring on it after high school.

Venus and Mauve, a place for confused souls to confuse each other...
Love, Khenzo
Later, Khenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment